Planning Starts With a Vision
Many of us feel fragmented and pulled in too many directions during a career transition. Why? Because the core question, “What do I want at this time in my life?” hasn’t been answered. And until that question gets answered, it is easy to feel that you’re wandering in circles unable to plan past tomorrow.
Planning starts with knowing where you want to go – your vision. ÿAnd remember: your career is just one part of your whole life. So start with your ideal vision for both your professional and personal life for 2011. Be specific.
These questions will help . . .
- Who do you want to be each day?
- What do you want to be doing each day?
- Where do you want to be working?
- When do you want to work?
- Why do you want to work? (the most critical question)
- & How do you want to work?
Are you getting a picture in your mind? Yes, it’s an “ideal” vision but that’s where you need to start. If you start with a “less than ideal” vision, that’s all you will get. So challenge yourself and shoot for the moon – you will definitely wind up in the stars!