Good, healthy humor is a business asset. It creates an atmosphere of optimism, spirit and energy – all great qualities to integrate into your company culture. On a personal level, humor connects us with others in a very real way.
The ability to connect with your colleagues up and down the company ladder in a positive and supportive manner is key to your own career development and excellence. Your co-workers will gravitate to you because it feels good to work with someone who keeps their perspective, has a smile for others and helps us feel that times are good and getting better.
This is Emotional Intelligence at its best! Here are 5 tips to keep the laughter coming.
- Practice laughing (which will embarrass your teenager), so laugh harder
- Read two comic strips daily (my favorites are Zits & Pickles)
- Watch some of those old movies instead of doing another load of laundry
- Seek out the funny people in your life – they are good for your heart
- Give yourself permission to laugh at yourself – we really are great entertainment